Fallen Earth™ Code of Conduct and Policies
We at Fallen Earth appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy the exciting game and great company in our product Fallen Earth™. To keep Fallen Earth™ a fun place for everyone, we ask that you, a player of the Fallen Earth game (“Player” or “you”), show consideration for your fellow player.
This document contains the Fallen Earth Code of Conduct and other Fallen Earth rules and policies (collectively, the “Code”). The Code is intended for use by customers of Fallen Earth as a rulebook for behavior within the Fallen Earth™ game (the “Game”) and related Fallen Earth™ services (“Services”). Fallen Earth support staff have final say over what constitutes a violation of this Code. Fallen Earth and Fallen Earth™ reserve the right to change this Code and any other of its policies at any time. Before playing the game we ask that you read the following rules. By playing the Game, you agree to abide by the Code.
A. General Rules of Conduct
While playing Fallen Earth™, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the game. Everyone must follow these basic guidelines, which will be enforced by Fallen Earth™ Customer Service Staff.
1. Fallen Earth is committed to fair and equal treatment of all of its customers. If there is a suspected violation of this Code, we will use diligent efforts to investigate the matter. Violations of the Code may, at Fallen Earth’s sole discretion, result in the immediate termination of Player's Account with no advance notice required and other actions which Fallen Earth may determine are necessary.
2. Player may not engage in any conduct or communication while using the Fallen Earth™ Services which is unlawful or which restricts or inhibits any other Player from using or enjoying these Services.
3. Player agrees to use the Fallen Earth™ Services only for lawful purposes. The list of prohibited conduct below provides examples of unacceptable conduct. The list is not exhaustive, and Fallen Earth reserves the right, but not the responsibility, to restrict conduct which Fallen Earth deems, in its sole discretion, to be harmful to individual members, damaging to the Services, or in violation of Fallen Earth' or any third party's rights. Fallen Earth may, but is not obligated to, delete or prohibit conduct, communication or content transmitted on Fallen Earth services that are deemed to be in violation of applicable laws or is harmful to other members, the Fallen Earth service community or the rights of Fallen Earth in general. Player acknowledges, however, that communication over the Fallen Earth™ Services often occurs in real-time and Fallen Earth cannot, and does not intend to, screen communication in advance.
4. Player will follow any instructions that are given to them by official representatives of Fallen Earth™ Customer Support. Arguing with or neglecting to comply with requests or instructions received from Fallen Earth Representatives is a violation of this Code and disciplinary action will be taken as deemed necessary.
5. “Role Playing” is not an excuse for violations of any policy.
B. Prohibited Conduct
PLAYER MAY NOT , IN CONNECTION WITH PLAYER’S USE OF FALLEN EARTH™ SERVICES:
1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Any form of personal attack upon a player by another player is strictly prohibited. Fallen Earth does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.
2. Use racial, ethnic, or religious slurs in game, chat rooms, and newsgroups.
3. Post or transmit sexually explicit images, or point to or refer to such images. Use of profanity or sexually explicit language in Fallen Earth™ Services is strictly prohibited.
4. Organize or participate in any clans or groups that are based on, or espouse, any racist, sexist, anti-religious, anti-ethnic, anti-gay, or other hate-mongering philosophy.
5. Post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable content.
6. Post or transmit any content that infringes the copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy, or the personal, intellectual property or contractual right of any third party.
7. Impersonate any person, including, but not limited to, Fallen Earth' employees, customer service representative or game hosts. Player shall not hold himself or herself out or portray himself or herself as a Fallen Earth staff member or employee while engaging in any form of online communication, including, but not limited to, member names, member profiles, voice, text or graphic chat, message postings or any form of communication on line. Impersonation of Fallen Earth staff shall be grounds for immediate account termination.
8. Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, bulletin boards, or any other area of the Fallen Earth™ Services. Disruptive behavior shall be deemed to include, but will not be limited to, conduct which purposefully interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue in a Service area. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.
9. Post or transmit chain letters or pyramid marketing schemes. This type of material places an unnecessary load on the Fallen Earth™ Services and is considered a nuisance by many members. Certain types of chain letters and pyramid schemes are also illegal. Such prohibited conduct includes, but is not limited to, the transmission of letters or messages which offer a product or service and which are based on the structure of a chain letter.
10. Post or transmit unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation, including links or URLs in the lobby or game chat that point to content deemed inappropriate or a competing product to Fallen Earth™.
11. Violate any operating rule, policy or guideline of any other online service. Player further agrees to abide by the rules of Player's Internet service provider.
12. Violate, with or without knowledge, any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation.
13. Modify any files that Fallen Earth does not specifically authorize Player to modify. Use of material which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder is prohibited, and will result in the termination of Player's membership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.
14. Post or transmit any content or code that contains a virus, worm, trojan horse, or other malicious code or information designed to alter or harm any system or data.
15. Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, loopholes, design errors or problems in the game. Player acknowledges and agrees to report all problems, errors or bugs in the game to Fallen Earth as soon as they are found as their continued use can damage the enjoyment of the game for all its players. Those users caught cheating may suffer suspension from the Fallen Earth™ game, or manipulation of their character to remedy the game abuse. Please be considerate at all times of other members playing Fallen Earth™. Fallen Earth will use diligent efforts to fix these types of issues in a timely manner, and will give all customers the benefit of the doubt when dealing with these problems.
16. Use any scripting or macroing tools, hardware or software.
17. Use any game hacking/altering/cheating software or tools.
18. Disassemble, reverse engineer or modify any of the Game's executable code, databases and/or files. Nor may you interfere with or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running Fallen Earth.
19. Engage in any behavior that is contrary to the 'spirit of the game' as defined by Fallen Earth in its sole discretion.
20. Play Fallen Earth™ on any server or service that is not provided or authorized by Fallen Earth.
21. Shout excessively (use of all caps) or flood (continuous posting of repetitive text) in the Fallen Earth™ Chat areas or on its newsgroups.
22. Use Fallen Earth™ for the promotion of illegal activities.
23. Threaten or harass any Fallen Earth employee or contractor.
For a more detailed list of policy violations and the disciplinary actions that may be associated with them, please read the article entitled "Policies", which is located at http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth, and which is incorporated herein by reference.
C. Character and Clan Naming Policy
When creating a character or clan name for Fallen Earth™, we encourage you to select a name that reflects the post apocalyptic genre. The guidelines listed below outline the types of names that you can NOT use, and apply to both first names and surnames, as well as clan names. You may not use names that are equivalent or substantially similar to:
1. Any names that violate this Code. This includes the use of names that are hateful, profane, defamatory, racist, religious slurs, ethnically offensive, obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, sexual innuendo, or contain any other language that is offensive in nature.
2. Names that are harassing or defamatory to other players or employees of Fallen Earth.
3. Names of any employee of Fallen Earth.
4. Names of copyrighted or trademarked characters, materials or products.
5. Names from popular culture or media.
6. Names that are religiously or historically significant.
7. Proper names of areas within Fallen Earth™. Clan names MAY use the proper names of specific areas, to help promote role-playing.
8. Proper names of game creatures or characters within Fallen Earth™.
9. Names containing titles or ranks within them.
10. Names that refer to illegal substances or drugs, or that are otherwise drug related.
11. Names that contain a phrase, sentence or any fragment of a sentence.
12. Names where a combination of the first and last names violates any of the above rules.
Naming Policy Enforcement
If you violate any part of the above Naming Policy, these are the steps that will be followed to address the issue.
1. If you violate items C1 or C2 above, you may be issued a warning on your account, and will be given a new name by one of our customer service staff. You will NOT be contacted in game to discuss this. If you would like to discuss the renaming, please send contact support via http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
2. For all other types of violations, a customer service representative will contact you to discuss the manner of the violation, and you will be told to contact support with the following information within 24 hours from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support: your account name, the name of the character to be renamed, and your choice of names that you would like us to give you. This is intended to give you the opportunity to think about and choose your new name. If we do not receive a valid name from you within 24 hours, then one will be chosen for you by our customer service staff. If you would like to discuss the renaming, please support from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
Changing your name
You may purchase a Character name change from the Fallen Earth marketplace http://www.gamersfirst.com/marketplace/fallenearth/.
Changing your Clan emblem
Clan Emblems within Fallen Earth™ will not be changed for any reason, unless there is a verified bug related problem with them, however this may be changed at a later date.
D. Honor in Combat
This policy outlines our Combat guidelines. We hope that everyone within an area will work together, but we realize that this may not always be the case. With this in mind, we have outlined several general guidelines for what you may NOT do when engaging in combat:
1. You may NOT “kill steal” from other players in your area. Kill stealing is defined as the repetitive killing of monsters that are already in combat with or pursuit of another player, without the other person's express permission.
2. You may NOT leech experience from other members without their willing permission. Experience Leeching is defined as uninvited, repetitive initiation of combat against monsters that are already in combat with another player -OR- uninvited, repetitive healing of a player in combat with a monster without their consent. This is usually with the express intent of gaining experience with little or no risk to you.
We always encourage players to work out these types of issues on their own. Many players who think that Kill Stealing or Leeching is occurring, are really only encountering other players that are trying to help them. Please take the time to talk to each other and discover if this was really a case of Kill Stealing or Leeching, BEFORE you contact customer support. The /Support system should only be used as a last resort in these cases.
E. Role-playing Server Addendum
There are expanded rules in place that govern anyone playing on Fallen Earth™ role-playing servers. All rules from this Code apply, as well as the following expanded rules:
Naming Policy for Role-playing Servers
1. All names must fit into the post apocalyptic game setting.
2 All policy enforcement for names on the role-playing servers will be done aggressively by members of the Fallen Earth™ Customer Service Staff, of Customer Server Lead and higher authority. It is in Fallen Earth's sole judgment whether a name breaks the policy, and we will rename characters accordingly. If you see someone with a name that obviously violates the role-playing rule set, please report them at http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
Communication Policy for Role-playing Servers
1. All communication on the role-play server must be appropriate for the post apocalyptic genre (in-character). This means no talking about Dragons, Magic, etc.
2. If a Clan, group or person agrees that out-of-character communication is acceptable, then Fallen Earth will not interfere with this decision within /Raid, /Officer, /Team, , /Tell, /Whisper communication. There is never a time when out-of-character communication is acceptable in /Local, /New player, Auction, or /Region.
3. If someone is breaking the role-playing communication policy on the server, you MUST ask them to stop before reporting them. If they stop when asked, and do not repeat their out-of-character communication, then the problem is solved and there is no need to contact customer support. If someone persists in breaking the role-playing communication policy, then report them using the /Report command, and Fallen Earth™ Customer Support will investigate.
Event Interference on Role-playing Servers
Any interference or disruption of scheduled events, whether run by players or by Fallen Earth Staff, is strictly prohibited.
If you cannot abide by these rules, DO NOT play on these servers. Fallen Earth has a strict policy of enforcement regarding these rules, and will not tolerate players coming to this server who do not or will not role-play. Breaking any of the above rules can result in actions against your account to include warnings, banishment from the role-play servers, suspensions, and even termination of your account (based on the severity of the violation). Thank you and have a great time role-playing!
F. Player vs. Player Server Addendum
There are modified rules in place that govern anyone playing on Fallen Earth™ PvP servers. All rules from the Fallen Earth™ Code apply, except as noted in the following expanded rules:
1. Any player can attack any other player that is not in their group or Clan. Players who are level 10 and below have the choice to be immune to any PvP.
2. Players get experience for killing other players. There is a death penalty as well.
3. Players can shop at any store, although they cannot use items that require skills they don't have. They can, however, sell loot at any store.
4. Capital Cities are safe areas.
5. You are given a small time of PvP immunity after entering the game. You are also given a small time of immunity after you are reanimated at a clone center (which is obviated if you attack anyone in that time).
6. Players under 10th level have a "PvP" flag that can be permanently removed at any time. If the flag is set, you cannot attack other players or be attacked.
Honor in Combat for PvP Servers
There will be no enforcement of the usual Honor in Combat polices. If you have an Honor in Combat issue with another player, you have PvP tools at your disposal to take care of it.
Harassment Policy for PvP Servers
1. This server features open killing and communication between everyone on the server. Most of this type of behavior is not considered harassment, and is the intended purpose of this server. Please carefully read the Harassment Policy in the Code, which outlines exactly what harassment is, and how to report it if it happens to you.
2. We WILL be strictly enforcing the harassment policy as it is written in the Code though. This server is not an open invitation to harass people.
If you cannot abide by these rules, or are not prepared to experience unrestricted PvP, please DO NOT play on these servers.
G. Harassment Policy
In Fallen Earth™, our goal is to build a strong community that offers a comfortable atmosphere for all of our players. This means seeing that players have the ability to combat antisocial behavior. Some tools created to achieve this purpose include the "Ignore Player" option and the obscenity filter. The "Ignore Player" (/Ignore add [Player Name]) option permanently blocks all of an offending player's comments, and you can also report offensive words to support from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support and our staff will review them for potential inclusion in our obscenity filter.
What is considered harassment?
Harassment consists of flagrant misuse and abuse of game mechanics with the intention of distressing and offending other players. So what's a game mechanic? Game mechanics allow players to interact with the world and each other. For example, the ability to block a doorway is a game mechanic. The ability to create macros with large amounts of text is a game mechanic. Use of game mechanics like these is by no means considered harassment in and of itself. The key to determining whether the mechanic is being misused or abused is to determine "intent". What was the person trying to achieve through their actions? Were they purposefully trying to disrupt someone else's game? While an action may cause others distress, it is not considered harassment until it is determined by Fallen Earth™ that it was done to intentionally cause distress or to offend other players.
Also considered as harassment is any behavior that is incessant, inescapable, derogatory and directed specifically at you or your group. An important point to note regarding this type of harassment is that a genuine attempt to alleviate the situation must have been made. This could be an attempt to leave the area or the offending player, or simply the act of asking them politely to stop. If a sincere attempt has been made to solve the problem and the offending player persists in the harassing behavior, it can be considered harassment, and should be reported. For more information, see How Do I Report Harassment below. Behavior that is always considered harassment includes derogatory and/or hateful comments that are sexual, racist, religious, or related to gender or creed. Fallen Earth has a zero tolerance policy towards harassment of this kind, as stated in our Code.
So what happens when I report harassment?
1. When harassment is reported it is immediately escalated to a server lead or higher, and investigated promptly.
2. We will observe the reported harassing behavior, and determine whether the harassment report is valid.
3. You will be informed of the results of the investigation.
4. If the harassment is valid, we will take appropriate disciplinary action against the policy violator.
5. Valid harassment issues are always handled at a server lead level or higher.
What are the penalties for harassment?
Fallen Earth condemns all forms of harassment in Fallen Earth™, and this type of disruptive behavior will not be tolerated. Harassment is a severe offense in Fallen Earth™ and a clear violation of this Code.
A judgment of valid harassment can result in penalties placed on the harassing party up to and including immediate account closure, based on the severity of harassment and the player's past account history.
How do I report harassment?
Please report harassment to support from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support. In the future we plan to have a tool for reporting harassing behavior that will include logging of chat messages, which will better enable us to track harassment problems.
H. Online Auctioning Policy
Fallen Earth prohibits selling accounts and items using any online service or any other auctioning/sales system.
1. Selling of Accounts, Items, Money and Equipment:
a. It is against Fallen Earth policy to sell any accounts, items, money or other equipment related to the Services.
b. We will ask all auctioning services to respect our policy and restrict the selling of such accounts, equipment, money, and items on their services.
I. Account Security Policy
All account security is the sole responsibility of the Player. This includes hacking protection, password protection, virus protection, and anything else that has to do with computer or account security. If you believe that your account security has been compromised, please call our technical support number, and we will try to help you recover security on your account. This includes helping to change passwords, helping with billing issues, and offering basic suggestions for improving your account security.
If an account has been stolen, hacked, or in any other way compromised, we may suspend the account, to protect the characters and items within, while we investigate fully. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause, and we will complete the investigation in as timely a manner as possible. Once a thorough investigation has been performed, we will determine the appropriate course of action.
Once our investigation is complete, if we find someone who is involved with hacking or theft of accounts, they will have all of their accounts banned.
J. Character and Item Administration
In connection with your use of the Fallen Earth™ Services, your character(s) will gain experience and items. We have adopted the following policies with respect to the temporary leasing, transfer, deletion, and administration of characters and items:
Leasing of Character and Items
You may “lease” or temporarily transfer your characters and items to other users of the Fallen Earth™ Service. This is not a complete transfer of your character and items, but only a lease for a specified period of time. We will charge a non-refundable administrative service fee for these leases as set forth in our services fee schedule. A Player leasing an item or a character to another player is referred to as a “Lessor”. A Player who has leased an item or a character from another player is referred to as a “Lessee”.
1. The initial term of all leases must be at least  month and no greater than  months. After the end of the initial term, the lease will continue on a month-to-month basis but will be terminable immediately upon notice by either Lessor or Lessee.
2. When items are leased to another user’s Character, they are no longer available to the Lessor of those items.
3. At the expiration of a lease, the leased item(s) or character(s) are returned to the Lessor in their then-current state, i.e., with all items and other attributes as obtained or deleted by the Lessee.
4. Termination or suspension of a Lessor’s account will terminate or suspend the rights of all Lessees leasing characters or items from that Lessor [unless we decide in our sole discretion to allow control over the Character or Item to transfer permanently to the Lessee].
5. Characters leased on the same server will be leased with all items intact and will remain part of their clan. Characters leased to a different server will be leased without any items. Leases are not allowed between role-playing and non-role-playing servers, and between Player-vs-Player and non-Player-vs-Player servers.
6. We reserve the right to deny any requested lease of characters or items in our sole discretion. In some circumstances, for example, the requested lease of items to a character may cause a conflict with other items held by the character or with other guidelines of playing the Game. If a lease is approved, we will use diligent efforts to process the lease in a prompt fashion.
7. Characters and items cannot be leased more than once every six (6) months.
8. Lessees of Characters and items are not permitted to “sublease” the leased characters and items to other players.
9. We may in our sole discretion terminate our character and item leasing service.
Character Deletion Policy
Because of the difficulty in deleting any character within Fallen Earth™ (you have to actually click the”Confirm” button after clicking the “Delete” button), we will not restore any character that was deleted. As always, if a problem occurs within the game that is due to a bug, we will investigate fully and take all feasible and appropriate action, including restoration, if possible.
Item Reimbursement Policy
Items will not be reimbursed for any reason except as follows: if you lose an item due to a game anomaly or verified bug, we will investigate the issue, and determine if a feasible reimbursement is possible. Only Team Leads and above can reimburse items, and only after proper and thorough investigation.
K. Mission Intervention Policy
As with all Fallen Earth™ policies, we are dedicated to taking care of any issues that arise from game anomalies or verified bugs. Our mission intervention policy is no different. If you have an issue with a mission, and it is determined that this issue is caused by a bug within the game, we will try to fix the bug, and help you to resolve the mission issue. This may take some time, as we will need to fix the bug before the mission can be continued. This intervention will not include the reimbursement of items unless absolutely necessary. Instead, the intent is to fix the problem so that you can continue with the mission on your own, and complete it as intended.
L. Clan Maintenance Policy
Clans are an integral part of Fallen Earth™. In order to ensure the longevity of any Clan, we must make sure that every Clan has a Clan Leader with the authority to make critical changes in Clan structure and Clan setup. We assume that if a Clan leader is absent for more than 3 weeks, that the Clan leader has abandoned the Clan (for whatever reason). At this point we will auto-promote a new Clan leader from within the Clan. The system works as follows:
1. If we see that there are no active Clan Leaders within a Clan, for a period of three weeks, then we will automatically demote the old Clan Leader to rank 1 within the Clan, and promote a new Clan Leader from within the ranks of the Clan. The system will promote the next active (logged in within the last week) highest ranked character within the Clan. If there is more than one character of that next highest rank, then the character with the most played time within that rank will be promoted.
2. Once these changes are made, the new Clan Leader is in command of the Clan, and the changes will not be reversed for any reason.
M. What to expect from Customer Support
The following is what you can expect from Fallen Earth™ Customer Support. This list is by no means all inclusive, but is intended to provide a general understanding of what can be expected from our support structure.
1. In-Game Customer Service Representatives (CSR’s) are available in-game, and can be located from the GM Tab within the Social menu.
2. Support can be reached from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
3. You will get a timely response to your question or concern, based upon CSR work-load. You will not receive a response to "How Do I" types of issues.
4. We will make every attempt not to interfere with you or the game, unless necessary in the performance of our duties.
5. We will use our best efforts to treat you fairly and equitably.
6. Any incident that could be construed as a violation of our policies will be investigated fully, prior to action being taken.
7. All disciplinary action will be resolved as quickly as possible, and will be based on the severity of the violation, the situation in which the violation occurred, and your account history.
N. Disciplinary Policy
It is Fallen Earth’s intent to provide a game that everyone can enjoy without the intrusion of Fallen Earth Employees. However, there are times when issues arise that violate this. When this happens, our in-game support staff will use its best efforts to investigate each incident fully, and attempt to be fair and equitable in our dealings with everyone involved.
Fallen Earth™ Staff have final say over what constitutes a violation of this Code. We reserve the right to delete characters or entire accounts as we see fit, without warning. Fallen Earth reserves the right to change its policies at any time. Check this page for updates to the Fallen Earth Code of Conduct.
1. A player who violates the Code of Conduct will typically be warned by a Fallen Earth™ Staff Member. If this happens, we will mark the player’s account with the warning and any details, which will stay on the account for one (1) year (only Server Leads and higher may do this). We will send an e-mail to the Player describing what happened and what it means. If a player continues inappropriate behavior, he or she will be contacted by a Fallen Earth™ Administrator, and may be given an additional
warning, locked from the Game temporarily, or permanently removed from Fallen Earth™.
2. If a particular player consistently engages in inappropriate behavior, the case may be referred to Fallen Earth™ Operations Personnel, who may permanently ban the player from Fallen Earth™. Banned users will be sent e-mail explaining why they were banned to the e-mail address they have listed in their account information. Some violations can result in a lockout or permanent ban, without warning.
3. We may do nothing at all. If we find that there was no violation, we will let everyone involved know that we found none.
4. We may suspend the player’s account for one to four hours. Only Server Leads and higher may do this. This is intended to be a "time-out" period that allows the player to think about their actions and cool down. If this happens we will mark the account with a suspension and any details, which will stay on the account for one (1) year. The player will be sent an e-mail explaining what happened, and what it means.
5. We may suspend the player’s account for 3-7 days. Only Team Leads and higher may do this. If this happens we will mark the account with a suspension and any details, which will stay on the account for a period of one year. The player will be sent an e-mail explaining what happened, and what it means.
6. We may Lock (cancel) the account permanently. Only the Supervisor of Game Support or the CS Director may do this. If this happens we will mark the account as Banned with all details about the investigation. The player will be sent an e-mail explaining what happened, and what it means.
7. Your uploaded files, and your participation in conferences and chats, are subject to review, modification, and deletion, without notice, by the forum manager responsible for the Fallen Earth™ game.
8. Game administrators are unable to monitor Member's conversations or game play all the time and therefore certain users are empowered to boot players and otherwise enforce the Code of Conduct.
9. Any user who posts Web links or URLs in the lobby or game chat that point to content deemed inappropriate or competing by the Fallen Earth staff will have their chat and game privileges for the Fallen Earth™ revoked.
10. Files uploaded to a newsgroup may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction, and/or dissemination and you are responsible for adhering to these limitations if you download them.
For a more detailed list of policy violations and the disciplinary actions that may be associated with them, please read the article entitled "Policies", which is located at http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth.
Disputing Disciplinary Actions
If you have any questions or concerns about any disciplinary action that is taken against you, please contact support from http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support, please include any pertinent information. We will respond to your concerns as soon as possible, and discuss any concerns that you may have.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you establish your Fallen Earth™ account, we require you to provide us with the following personal information: your name, full e-mail address, physical address, birth date and gender. You can opt whether or not to provide additional personal information when establishing your account.
Collection of usage data
We may collect and analyze information about Player’s use of Fallen Earth™ Services for statistical purposes. This information is analyzed only on an aggregate basis to determine appropriate modification and enhancements to our games and servers or to customize your personal experience. We do not rent or sell this aggregate data to any third party. We do not analyze any individual member’s activities or monitor individual movement in the Fallen Earth™ world, except as described in this section.
Use of IP Addresses
Fallen Earth™ uses your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our service. Your IP address is used with the IP addresses of other members to gather broad demographic information. We do not analyze any individual member's activities or monitor individual movement in the Fallen Earth™ world based on IP address.
Contests and Surveys
We may run contests and promotions in which we ask you for contact information. We use contact data from our contests to send you information about our services and promotional material from some of our partners. You may opt-out of receiving future e-mails; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We may use online surveys, which are distributed only to Players who have opted to receive information from us, to ask visitors for contact information. We may use contact data from our surveys to send you information about our company. You may opt-out of receiving future e-mails; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We will require that your provide us with your name, credit card number and other information when you request a fee-based service or play a game that requires an additional fee. We will use identity standard security features to protect information provided by establishing a secure user connection to our web server.
Use and Disclosure of Information
If you request any technical support, you consent to our remote accessing and review of your computer for purposes of support and debugging. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Fallen Earth™ Services or related software and websites. Solely for the purpose of patching and updating the Game, you hereby grant us permission to: (i) upload Game file information from the Fallen Earth directory; and (ii) download Game files to you
We will only disclose personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of or with Fallen Earth™ to provide a product or service to you that you have requested, such as having an outside company mail you a DVD-ROM. Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us; or
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
Chat Rooms and Other Public Forums
Fallen Earth™ Services include chat rooms, message boards and other public forums, as well as on-going communications as part of our games. Please remember that any information disclosed is these areas will necessarily be disclosed to third-parties and become public information. As with any online forum, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal or proprietary information in these forums.
Usage of Fallen Earth by Children
Fallen Earth™ does not allow children under 13 to sign up or to otherwise disclose any of their personal information to us. We are available only for individuals ages 13 and older. We do not intend to collect information about children. We encourage you to monitor and participate in your child’s internet experience.
We provide members the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from the company and our partners, at the point in the registration process where we request information about you.
Fallen Earth™ gives members the following webpage for removing their information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive our service: http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
All e-mail newsletters from Fallen Earth™ will present the opportunity to unsubscribe from future mailings.
Player Information Correction/Update
You may access, update and/or correct your account information at any time by editing your account at https://www.gamersfirst.com/myprofile.php?g=fallenearth. You may need to supply certain information so that we can try to verify that you have authority to modify this information.
The Fallen Earth™ and GamersFirst Web sites contain links to other Internet sites. We have no responsibility for the privacy practices of other Web sites, including the Web sites of its partners. Whenever a Web browser window is opened in Fallen Earth™ that does not show a Web page created by Fallen Earth™ (noted by Fallen Earth™ copyright statement at the bottom of such pages), then it should be assumed that Fallen Earth™ privacy policies do not apply.
Fallen Earth™ intends to protect your privacy to the fullest extent possible as described in this policy while also fulfilling our responsibility to uphold all applicable laws and regulations. Due to potential legal requirements and other possible circumstances, we cannot ensure that all of your private communications and other personally identifiable information will never be disclosed or accessed in ways not otherwise described in this policy. We may be compelled under law to disclose information to government or third parties under certain circumstances or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Further, we can, and you hereby authorize us to, disclose any information to law enforcement or other government officials that we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in compliance with the law.
Fallen Earth™ has implemented reasonable security measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personally identifiable information under our control. Additionally, Fallen Earth™ uses secure, commercial Internet hosting facilities for its servers and has established sophisticated firewalls around all servers that store personal data.
Contacting Fallen Earth™
Our intent is to create an Internet gaming experience that you enjoy and trust. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with Fallen Earth™, please contact us at http://www.gamersfirst.com/fallenearth?q=support.
Fallen Earth™ reserves the right to change its policies at any time.
Fallen Earth™ is rated by the Recreational Software Advisory Council on the Internet (“RSACi”). The RSACi system rates Web sites and games on the level of sex, violence, profanity, and nudity. Fallen Earth™ has a level 2 rating, and we strive to enforce standards for that rating provided by the RSACi organization. For more information about this rating system, see the RSACi Web site at http://www.rsac.org.